Hello Kangaroo!

Hello Kangaroo!
Feb. 9, 2010

Monday, March 8, 2010

Now that class has started and I've been here a month...

In the outdoor arena at the Dance Studio I teach at:


I have to say, this trip to Australia is definitely unique in the sense that I've never been to a country where everyone speaks my native tongue and is so friendly. Making friends has not been difficult.

My time here can be summarized in one sentence:

I have no reason to wake up in the morning.

As grim as that sounds, it's the truth!
My classes are all in the evenings (Mondays and Wednesdays) and so is my job (Tuesdays).
Even my social life is focused around Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings... What that means is I can sleep in every day, which is good for vacation, maybe not so good for daily routine. Catch my drift?

I started my job as a CONTEMPORARY JAZZ DANCE TEACHER last Tuesday and it went really well! I teach grade one and grade three. We'll have a concert at the end of the year. It's two hours a week.

I found a group of girls who are interested in camping/traveling with me, so hopefully I'll have some exciting adventures in the near future.

I had Rotary Orientation on Sunday which went well. There are some very inspirational people who are Rotary scholars. True world leaders!

My first day of classes (last Wednesday) was canceled due to a strike (which my professors were participating in--perhaps slightly ironic since my degree is Peace and Conflict Resolution--we're a bunch of activists). Other than that, my reading lists are longer that the Great Wall of China and it's all about International Theory at this point! This, however, is a love of mine, so not too bad...

It's been raining day and night for almost two weeks, which is good news for a country that's been in drought the past decade... I'm itching for the sunshine without all the heat. Supposedly "perfect" weather is just around the bin...




No comments:

Post a Comment